Wednesday, January 24, 2007

We're still here!

Last Friday, Warren & I spent most of the daylight hours putting Icemelt on the roof ice, & then cracking the ice, & knocking it off the roof. It was cold & a little frightening work, with Warren 20 feet in the air, on the extension ladder, & me on the ground making sure it didn't fall over. We took care of the ice dam, but it took a few mores days before it stoped dripping in the living room. We will continue to sweep new snow off with the roof rake, & 2 of our builder friends claim an heater wire along the roof edge with a thermostat to make it turn on only when needed will take care of future problems, but can't be palced until summer. I put my furniture back in place yesterday, & hung a quilt made by my friend Ruth Simpson, on the screen door, for a splash of color in these white winter days.
The world outside my window looks like a black & white photo.
ARRRGH!!! As I'm typing this, I heard a sudden drip, drip, drip again! It's dripping on my loveseat! Guess I better go ! ARGH, DARN, DANG!!

6 comments:

Jules said...

I cannot imagine the frustration. Hope you can get it fixed soon.

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

Argh! How frustrating that the solution has to wait until the problem has gone away with the winter weather!

allie aller said...

Ah, life with the elements! You wouldn't trade it for the city, would you?
My blog is kaput due to spambots and it will be a week or two before I'm back on. I know what you mean about missing our cyberworld!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Deb, I wish I could say I feel your pain, but I've never been through anything that frustrating (well, home maintenance-wise, anyway!). I have been wondering if you were under an avalanche, so thanks for checking in. Hang on. They say spring will come this year.

Melodie said...

I have been through it! And it is a pain!!
If you can get up there and pull the ice/snow off, why can't they place the heat tape?????

Rian said...

I was talking to my cousin on the Kenai yesterday and told her about your situation. She said she had that happen before in Anchorage and can empathize. I hope you get it fixed up soon. Be careful.